Monday, August 12, 2013

Yummy Greenville, S.C.

I promised a post on the food that we had in Greenville, S.C.  The food we had was so delicious.


Thursday

Lunch-we ate at my parents' house when we dropped of S for the weekend

Dinner-Gringo's
I had a shrimp and avocado salad.  I also had a neon colored margarita.  Not sure what ingredient made it day-glo colored (see it on the top right corner of the picture), but it was tasty.  M had a burrito--some type of chicken and black bean.  I can't remember what it was called.  He was really digging it, but it was so big.  By the time he finished it, he was too full.




Friday

Breakfast-Soby's on the Side
I met a friend there for breakfast.  I had the scrambled egg and cheese sandwich.  Cindy had grits.  And I forgot to take a picture of either.

Lunch-Chipotle
It was my first time.  I had a vegetarian bowl and M had a burrito.  My bowl was delicious.  I'm going to try to recreate at home.  But I'm also looking forward the the new Chipotle going in near my house. Again, I failed at pictures. :-(

Dinner-Tupelo Honey Cafe
I had a Tupelo Elixer (rosemary-peach lemonade with Firefly Skinny Vodka) and M had the Cheerwine Anytime (Cheerwine soda and Maker's Mark bourbon).  Then we were each served a giant biscuit with blueberry preserves and Tupelo Honey.  Delicious.  For my meal, I had Brian's Shrimp and Grits, while M had the Cheesy Grill & ToMAYto ToMAHto Soup (grilled cheese and tomato soup).



After walking off our fullness, we had dessert at a fro-yo place called Blueberry Frog.  I had just a plain chocolate. M had the key lime.  Mine was just ok-kind of grainy, but the key lime was outstanding.




Saturday

Breakfast-cereal bars in the room
While we were walking through the Farmer's Market, I stopped for an iced coffee at one of my favorite coffee houses, Port City Java.  I used to live in Wilmington, N.C., where this coffee shop was founded. We ate many breakfasts, lunches, and after dinner treats there.

Lunch-Smoke on the Water
I had the pulled pork sandwich with baked beans.  M had the crabcakes.  Of course I forgot pictures, but here is my empty plate.  It was so good!!  M said the crabcakes were outstanding--not a lot of filler. They also served us a breadbasket full of cornbread. Yum!!



Dinner-The Cazbah
We went for a tapas restaurant for dinner.  Each of us started out with a nice white wine.  Each plate that we ordered was designed to feed 2-4 people (depending on the plate).

Shrimp tacos

Traditional Cold Caprese

Fire Roasted Pepper Calamari

Free Range Roasted Chicken--this was by far our favorite!!!


After dinner we went to a cupcake shop called The Chocolate Moose for dessert.

 I got a Black Bottom Cupcake (dark chocolate with a chocolate chip cheesecake baked inside with a cream cheese icing)

 M got a deconstructed cupcake-it was a Grasshopper. Chocolate cupcake crumbles topped with a mint mouse and chocolate shavings.

He also got a red velvet cake pop.  And was kind enough to let me have a bite.


Greenville has so many great restaurants.  I wish we had been there longer to try out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment