Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sickies Go Away!!!

Well, this week hasn't happened at all like I planned.

My sweet husband, M, was on spring break this week-he's a college professor-and I thought I would take advantage of that with lots of time alone.  Yes, I love being a SAHM, but sometimes I just want ME TIME. I had planned on seeing OZ, shopping, maybe even lunch out.  But life had other plans.  Last Friday, little C was diagnosed with an ear infection, and on Monday, little F (his twin sis) was diagnosed with one too.  They have both been pretty pitiful.

Also, I seemed to have over-scheduled myself with consignment sale stuff-I worked Monday, dropped off my goodies on Tuesday, and shopped on Wednesday. So, I felt guilty being gone any more than necessary since my babes are sick.

However, that doesn't mean we haven't had some fun.  On Thursday, S (my oldest) and I, went to an indoor pool and swam for a couple hours, then had a yummy Mexican lunch before coming home.  She even talked me into getting her us each a cookie.  It was nice to get that one on one time with her.  Then yesterday, the family ran some errands and then went to the zoo.  S was so glad her daddy was there and F & C slept most of the entire time.  We ran into a bunch of people we know and it was just a great day.

That is until about 5 when suddenly my left ear stopped up and started hurting.  Uh oh.  M was at the mall and I texted him I needed to go to the walk-in clinic when he got home.  I finished feeding the babies and was out the door at 5:30.  I got home about 9:00. And guess what--I have an ear infection.  I feel much better today, thank goodness.

And this weekend-oh, have I over-committed.  I'm helping with a baby shower today.  I am so, so excited about this.  My sweet friend has wanted a baby for so long and I am over the moon to be celebrating her and her baby boy. And tomorrow after church, I have my 2nd, and last consignment shift.  So, no rest for the weary this weekend.

That's what I've been up to & the reasons for no postings.  I hope to get another out tomorrow, but don't hold your breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment