Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hello, Dolly!!!


Yesterday was opening day at Dollywood!!

In case you are unfamiliar with this gem of an attraction in the Great Smoky Mountains, it is a theme park (partially) owned by Dolly Parton! There are rides for all ages to enjoy, good country and gospel music, and yummy food.


We are lucky enough to live close to Dollywood and have enjoyed season passes the last few years as a family, just like my parents and I did growing up.  Some of our favorite rides include:


Smoky Mountain River Rampage-warning, you will get WET!!


Blazing Fury-a hold-over from when the park was Silver Dollar City.  It was my first roller coaster.


Lucky Ducky-perfect for little ones. This is one of the first rides S was tall enough for last year.


Rockin' Roadway-S loves driving the cars!


For bigger kids (and adults), I suggest

Mystery Mine-95 degree, 85-foot vertical drop into darkness


Wild Eagle-America's winged coaster


I suggest if you are in the Pigeon Forge, TN area anytime between now and January 4, 2014, stop by and say Hello, Dolly!!!


I have not been compensated for this post. I just love Dollywood!!! Photos from the Dollywood website.  


No comments:

Post a Comment